Home Insurance Columbus OH
If you're looking for great homeowners insurance rates from a local, independent insurance agency, you've come to the right place. Our team at Guy P Williams Insurance Agency only work with financially solid insurance carriers. Since 1977, we've helped thousands of families save on their home insurance, and will help you too!
Your home is the center of your life, and likely your most valuable asset. When your home is damaged or destroyed, you need your claim settled by an insurance company that understands this simple fact. We will help you find insurance that best meets your needs with tailored coverage, nurturing service and a fair price. Whether insuring your first apartment or your dream home, the right policy must provide security and quick claim settlement.
What determines the cost of my policy?
Home Insurance Terminology
- Protection for Your Home: Property Coverage typically pays to repair or rebuild your home if it’s damaged or destroyed by an insured event like a kitchen fire or windstorm.
- Protection for You and Other People: Personal Liability Coverage applies if someone is injured or their property is damaged and you are to blame. The coverage generally applies anywhere in the world. When choosing your liability coverage limits, consider your income and your assets. Make your personal liability coverage high enough to protect your assets if you are sued.
- Medical Coverage: This covers medical expenses for guests if they are injured on your property, and in some cases, off of your property. It does not cover healthcare costs for you or other members of your household.
- Additional Living Expenses: If you can’t live in your house because of a covered loss, your home insurance policy will pay additional living expenses (commonly for up to 24 months) while damage is assessed and your home is repaired or rebuilt.
- Protection for Your Belongings: Your home contains furniture, electronics, clothes and other items. Personal Property Insurance helps replace these items if they are lost, stolen or destroyed as a result of a covered loss.
- Scheduled Personal Property Coverage: If you have special possessions such as jewelry, art, antiques or collectibles you may want to add this coverage. It provides broader coverage for specific items.
- If You Rent Out Your Home: Consider additional liability coverage for the risks posed by tenant-occupied dwellings.